Do you check out local yarn stores on your travels? Do you look for something unique to remind you of your trip? I do. Well, as you know, I don’t knit so I tend to visit local kitchen stores. I have a nutmeg grinder from a small town in southern France. I have an amazing hand painted small platter from Portugal. I could go on, but I might start to get hungry!
Anyway, I started to think about this desire to collect things on our travels. Often we want something that includes the city’s name. We want it to be light and small to fit in our suitcase. Of course, knitters want something they can use in knitting. Viola! “Stitches in the City”™ project bags.
Stitches in the City™ bags are perfect for a small knitting or crochet project. The un-dyed cotton is printed with the city name and it’s skyline. The black, smooth drawstring opens and closes easily. The knitting bag includes a small pocket on the inside for notions. The bag size is 11″ wide by 12” high.
As of today (April 2018) you can find bags in the following cities and yarn stores:
- Aarhus, Denmark: Garnkisten
- Ashland, OR: Websters
- Brno, Czech Republic: Vlnene Sestry
- Chicago, IL: Nina, Sister Arts Studio
- Cincinnati, OH: Silk Road Textiles
- Fort Wayne, IN: Knitting Off Broadway
- Houston, TX: Twisted Yarns, Yarn Store & Boutique
- Los Angeles, CA: Knitting Tree, Compatto Yarn Salon
- Minneapolis, MN: Twisted Loop Yarn Shop
- Nashville, TN: Haus of Yarn
- New York, NY: Knitty City, Lion Brand Studio, String Yarns
- Northampton, MA: Webs
- Ottawa, Canda: Wool N' Things
- Park City, UT: Wasatch and Wool Yarns
- Pittsburgh, PA: Sewickley Yarns
- Reykjvik, Iceland: Storkurinn
- Sacramento, CA: Rumpelstiltskin
- San Francisco, CA: A Yarn Less Raveled, Imagiknit
- Seattle, WA: So Much Yarn, Maker's Mercantile
- St. Petersburg, FL: (coming soon)
- Tahoe, CA: Knitique
- Vancouver, B.C, Canada: Urban Yarns
- Washington, D.C: Looped Yarn Works
You CAN NOT order the Stitches in the City™ bags online. You HAVE TO VISIT A LOCAL YARN STORE to get your hands on one of these! That is part of the fun: travel, collect and knit.
Do you wish your local yarn store carried a Stitches in the City™ bag with your hometown name? Let the owner know! We can work with them to promote your city.
What have you purchased from a knitting store on your travels?